• Safety in regards to unit topic
• Learn about the food groups - vegetables, fruits, protein foods,
dairy, and grains
• Learn about and be able to apply basic stratgies in regards to serving sizes - Size, activity level, and purpose
• Learn about calories - Energy: Fat, carbohydrates, and protein
• Learn about different kind of fats - Polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, saturated, and trans fats
• Learn about the different kind of carbohydrates - Simple and complex carbohydrates
• Learn about protein - Amino acids and the essential proteins
• Learn about the functions and sources of vitamins
• Learn about
the functions and sources of minerals
• Be able to discuss organic
and processed food.
• Learn what water does in the body?