Brief background – the Swedes believed in trolls 400 years ago, and Swedish
Troll Tag is a
part of the Swedish history and my inheritance. The game was initially a tag game, but balls
have been added to make the game more modern.
- One person is the troll.
- Trolls lay down in the middle of a circle.
- Students tiptoe around the troll in a circle chanting – “1,2, and 3. Sch! Trolls
asleep! 1,2, and 3. Sch! Trolls asleep!”
- When the teacher claps, the troll awakens.
- The clap represents someone stepping on a twig that breaks.
- The strong troll is carrying boulders (2 voit balls), which he
attempts throwing at the other students.
- When the ball hits a student, he or she turns to stone (frozen).
- This continues until all except one student are frozen, this student
becomes the next troll.
• Ball Walk
• Big Snake
• Clash of the Ghosts
• Heart Attack Tag
Home Run Derby Tag
• Mbube Mbube
• Shake-n-Bake Tag
• Toilet Tag
• Troll Tag
• Tunnel Tag