Imbube is one of the Zulu words for "lion." "Mbube" is addressing the lion
by calling to him (sort of pronounced like m-boo-bay). In this game the lion is
stalking the impala (a southern African buck) while all players form a circle.
- Two players start the game. One is the lion, one is the impala.
- They are both blindfolded and spun around. (Children used to just close
their eyes, but the temptation to peek is so great!)
- Players in the circle start by calling the lion, "mbube, mbube!"
- The closer to the impala the lion gets the faster the chanting
- Likewise if the lion is far away the calling decreases, in volume as
well as speed of repetition.
- If the lion has not caught the impala within a minute a new lion is
chosen. If the lion catches the impala, a new impala is chosen.
• Ball Walk
• Big Snake
• Clash of the Ghosts
• Heart Attack Tag
Home Run Derby Tag
• Mbube Mbube
• Shake-n-Bake Tag
• Toilet Tag
• Troll Tag
• Tunnel Tag